Items by Christina Nealson
Some hunters claim wolves are killing too many deer and elk in northwestern Montana, but the facts indicate otherwise -- although those facts are easily lost in all the emotional rhetoric.
Big, beautiful snowy owls are showing up far outside their usual range, much to the delight of Western birdwatchers.
A 13-pound wild turkey in Colorado gets by despite the six inches of arrow protruding from either side of her breast.
The beautiful spring in Colorado's San Luis Valley is a bitter contrast to the tragedy unfolding in the Gulf of Mexico.
The many thousands of illegal immigrants who pass through Arizona border towns are leaving tons of litter in their wake.
- After attack, the country’s oldest park ranger is back at work
- Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence
- Emotions run high over monument designation in Utah
- BLM moves away from landmark Northwest Forest Plan
- How Utah coal interests helped push a secret plan to export coal from California
- David W Hamilton on We should be proud of delisting grizzlies
- David W Hamilton on Sometimes, the West must be protected from itself
- Brant Hayenga on BLM moves away from landmark Northwest Forest Plan
- David W Hamilton on What can we still learn from Edward Abbey, 25 years after his death?
- Melissa McDowell on Ranch Diaries: How to have a clear head and rested heart