Items by Charles Finn
Review of “The Story of My Heart by Richard Jefferies: As Rediscovered by Terry Tempest Williams and Brooke Williams.”
"100 Tricks Every Boy Can Do," Kim Stafford’s memoir of his brother’s suicide, is more heartwarming than depressing
The anthology West of 98: Living and Writing the New American West assembles the thoughts of 67 Western writers.
Charles Finn has had the carcass of a Canada goose in the back of his pickup for a week, pondering its life and death as he drives through the Montana winter.
At the Rolling Dog Ranch Animal Sanctuary in Montana, blind horses, dogs and cats find a second chance.
The writer climbs to Lolo Peak and finds it the center of everything — without the ski area, golf courses and condos proposed by a developer
- Paulette Bierzychudek on Obama’s mixed impact on endangered species
- Charles Fox on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators
- Bryan T Burke on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators
- Shelley Stallings on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators
- Thomas Arvensis on Real reporting for a divided country