Items by Cally Carswell
Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski and a majority of her colleagues signal support for the pro-transfer movement.
A mysterious algae known as “rock snot” is smothering wild rivers — and may hold clues to their future.
Only a handful of seats are truly up for grabs, including two in the West, and they’re being fiercely contested.
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington
- Tom McCall on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought