Items by Ben Goldfarb
Fishermen, tribes and environmentalists flummoxed as predator numbers swell below Washington's Bonneville Dam.
Readers voted in our bracket-style tournament to crown the West's best public lands on which to recreate.
From politicians to climate scientists, meet 10 people under 30 who are shaping the region’s future.
The Columbia Basin Fish Accords have funded $1 billion worth of habitat restoration projects, but can they replace free-flowing rivers?
- Tom Schweich on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington
- Adam Hannuksela on Tracking grazing’s impacts on bugs
- Carol Bartlett on Idaho and BLM flout conservation laws for fallen officers
- John W Stephens on Animas River spill: only the latest in 150 years of pollution
- Mark Bailey on Why is bad science protecting the Lower Snake River dams?