Items by Becky Rumsey
Animas-La Plata backers unveil a leaner new version of the proposed dam - A-LP "Lite" - but opponents still have plenty of criticism.
Residents of the San Luis Valley win a victory in court for their land-use rights on the Taylor Ranch.
In 1970, when Earth Day was born and Rudy Schafer was working for the California Department of Education, he managed the state's environmental education program but wasn't content to leave it at that.
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle
- Sightseeing at an open pit mine in Arizona copper country
- Bette Korber on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- Garrett Allen on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Robb Cadwell on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Amy & Chris Gulick on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Richard H Ernst on The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands