Items by Jodi Peterson
New associate editor arrives, HCN reaps rewards in the Top of the Rockies Contest, and we mourn the passing of stalwart activist Billy Frank Jr.
In the Rocky Mountain West, more than 4 million acres of federal public land are rendered off-limits because there's no way for the public to access them.
Daughter Abby Quillen has assembled two anthologies of her father’s columns; a steady stream of visitors have come by our Colorado office.
- Richard Crow on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Richard Crow on An interview with the first African-American president of the Sierra Club
- Richard Crow on Is Yucca Mountain back on the table?
- Tom Darnell on After one record-setting wildfire, a Washington county prepares for more
- Carol Bartlett on Montana farmers start talking climate change