Name: Gary Marbut
Background: During high school, he worked as a ski patrolman, and then in 1969 he enlisted in the Army. He served three years and took a "European Discharge," bought a motorcycle and spent a year driving around Europe and North Africa.
Conservation: Marbut's house is "a model for energy conservation -- high thermal mass, well insulated, active-passive solar" backed up by a fireplace. He says he spends less than $10 per year on electricity from the grid. He also tends a large organic vegetable garden.
- Richard Reinaker on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Steve Snyder on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Robert Waddell on Oath Keepers show up for a public lands dispute in Oregon
- jim bolen on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Warren Anderson on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked