Through publishing diverse perspectives on Western environmental and social issues, including stories often ignored by the cultural majority, we hope to inspire our readers to expand their own outlooks while attracting and engaging a broader public.
To find out more about how you can support High Country News’ independent journalism, visit our Donate Now page.
- vince bandola on The Forest Service battles placer mining with an obscure law
- Deb Dedon on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Deb Dedon on In the middle of nowhere, a Promised Land
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town