The Middle Rio Grande Conservancy District, until recently thought to be part of New Mexico's state government, is actually a federal agency, and could be forced to keep enough water in the river to protect the endangered silvery minnow.
Utah Rivers Council director Zachary Frankel talks about his love for rivers and the need to protect them.
Nephi, Utah, resident Ross Garrett in his own words talks about water and population growth in Utah.
Zachary Frankel's Utah Rivers Council is fighting the Central Utah Project, particularly a plan by farmers and investors to sell CUP water intended for irrigation to rapidly growing Salt Lake County.
On the California-Mexico border, environmentalists from two countries are working to restore the Colorado River Delta.
Pressure is building for the federal government to send more of the groundwater in Colorado's San Luis Valley south in the Rio Grande for New Mexico and Texas.
Mary Belardo, chair of the Torres-Martinez Band of Desert Cahuilla Indians, talks about the Indian perspective on the Salton Sea.
- Mark Bailey on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mark Bailey on What I learned from 30 years with the Forest Service
- Tom McCarty on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Andrew Sipocz on The great salmon compromise
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area