Social media and broad anxieties over climate change are bringing more publicity to Standing Rock Sioux pipeline protests.
The project could divert 86,000 acre-feet from Lake Powell to the retirement community of St. George.
Borrego Springs, California, was founded on the promise of endless water. Now they must conserve — or else.
Regulators don’t link industry to contamination — but testing shows the pollution came after drilling.
Precipitation in recent months chips away at California drought, but the water deficit will be hard to overcome.
- Dana Powers on The tenuous fate of the Southwest’s last jaguars
- Mark DeGregorio on Meet the aspiring ranger locked out by National Park Service practices
- Lael Bradshaw on New documentary offers a sharp look at the West’s water crisis
- Steve Snyder on Why has the National Park Service gotten whiter?
- Jim Schumont on Stop the rock-stacking