Ocean acidification, driven by global fossil fuel emissions, is being exacerbated by local pollution.
The project could divert 86,000 acre-feet from Lake Powell to the retirement community of St. George.
Borrego Springs, California, was founded on the promise of endless water. Now they must conserve — or else.
Regulators don’t link industry to contamination — but testing shows the pollution came after drilling.
Precipitation in recent months chips away at California drought, but the water deficit will be hard to overcome.
- Mark York on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Greg Arnold on New allegations of sexual harassment in Yosemite, Yellowstone
- Sophia Bogner on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Carolyn Poissant on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman
- G M Ferguson on An electric-power giant is poised to fail