An oral history of the 1950s drought, and a new study on the 2000 - 2004 drought, and how it stacks up against what we can expect in the future
An oral history of the 1950s drought in West Texas, and a look at what the 2000 to 2004 drought could portend for the future.
Two new tunnels would take fresh Sacramento River water beneath the Delta instead of allowing its full flow to enter the more brackish Delta.
Environmentalists and fishermen have panned past versions of Gov. Jerry Brown's new proposal for water export tunnels, but it might actually help endangered fish.
- Jerry Unruh on Unwanted California tires end up in rivers and beaches
- Louis F Good on Federal public land transfers get a Congressional boost
- Harvey H Reading on Federal public land transfers get a Congressional boost
- Betsy McFarlan on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- Harvey H Reading on Don't blame bark beetles for fire risk