An oral history of the 1950s drought, and a new study on the 2000 - 2004 drought, and how it stacks up against what we can expect in the future
An oral history of the 1950s drought in West Texas, and a look at what the 2000 to 2004 drought could portend for the future.
Two new tunnels would take fresh Sacramento River water beneath the Delta instead of allowing its full flow to enter the more brackish Delta.
Environmentalists and fishermen have panned past versions of Gov. Jerry Brown's new proposal for water export tunnels, but it might actually help endangered fish.
Reporter Nicholas Kusnetz rides along with Mike Reynolds, who left his logging business in Washington State to work trucking water to the Bakken's oil fields.
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?