Toxic algae blooms, the result of warmer temperatures, ag and septic runoff, are fouling lakes and ponds across America. Yuck.
Irrigation shutoffs in the river's upper basin may finally help move a historic water deal on the Oregon-California border.
Latino farmworker communities in California's Central Valley suffer from polluted drinking water -- and High Country News can't ignore it.
- Greg Graves on Can human judgment handle avalanches?
- John W Stephens on Ranch Diaries: How to coexist with wild animals
- Ryan Stevenson on Can human judgment handle avalanches?
- Bryan Daneman on Scarcity and survival reign in ‘The Water Knife’
- Krista Langlois on Idaho mining dispute raises questions about the future of wilderness