A new book makes a case for optimism in the basin, but the threat of water battles will always be around.
The protests are fueled by a diverse array of causes, from tribal sovereignty to fossil fuel dependence.
Background on the Standing Rock Sioux pipeline protests and how social media and climate activism raised their profile.
Senior scientist Jay Famiglietti’s research looks at the West and the world’s dwindling water resources.
Boaters are joining wildlife advocates, farmers and power companies to parcel out each cubic foot of Western rivers.
- Greg Lind on How many Westerners does the Affordable Care Act cover?
- Bruce Farnsworth on California’s recent rains won’t fix its other, very big problem
- David W Hamilton on As Trump takes power, the House targets regulations
- Mark Rozman on As Trump takes power, the House targets regulations
- Jim Bolen on As Trump takes power, the House targets regulations