A new book makes a case for optimism in the basin, but the threat of water battles will always be around.
The protests are fueled by a diverse array of causes, from tribal sovereignty to fossil fuel dependence.
Background on the Standing Rock Sioux pipeline protests and how social media and climate activism raised their profile.
Senior scientist Jay Famiglietti’s research looks at the West and the world’s dwindling water resources.
Boaters are joining wildlife advocates, farmers and power companies to parcel out each cubic foot of Western rivers.
We altered our grazing plan early in the summer to account for aridity, but now we’re rolling in forage.
- Nord B. Schroeder on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators
- HReading on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists
- HReading on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators
- Anne-Marie Holen on Go ahead, wander your way
- peter romanelli on Why a scientist cut down ‘the oldest living tree’