Latino farmworker communities in California's Central Valley suffer from polluted drinking water -- and High Country News can't ignore it.
A review of Ground/Water: The Art, Design and Science of a Dry River, edited by Ellen McMahon, Ander Monson and Beth Weinstein
The state water board gives the go-ahead to a groundwater pumping project that could harm the San Pedro River
Generous spring snow storms were a momentary, if welcome, distraction from the region's real weather story: drought.
- dan bosch on Suckers for gold
- Tom Darnell on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- Alan Stevens on Private property blocks access to public lands
- Linda VanFossan on California has one year of water left: Hype or reality?
- Joseph Yannuzzi on Sportsmen’s bill aims to open inaccessible public lands