Many communities fight transport of crude oil through their towns; some find legal footing to succeed.
Former Reclamation Commissioner Daniel Beard tells how defunct water policy, and the bureau itself, contribute to drought.
- Ed Morrow on After years of drought and overuse, the San Luis Valley aquifer refills
- Jake Sigg on Mapping the large-scale loss of natural areas in the West
- L Strader on Trial by fire
- ivonne cassaigne on The tenuous fate of the Southwest’s last jaguars
- william glasgow on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans