Latino farmworker communities in California's Central Valley suffer from polluted drinking water -- and High Country News can't ignore it.
A review of Ground/Water: The Art, Design and Science of a Dry River, edited by Ellen McMahon, Ander Monson and Beth Weinstein
The state water board gives the go-ahead to a groundwater pumping project that could harm the San Pedro River
Generous spring snow storms were a momentary, if welcome, distraction from the region's real weather story: drought.
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?