Questions remain over whether the bill prohibits certain data collection on federal land or just private and state.
Environmentalists saved a wetland from developers a decade ago. Now they’re trying to save it from each other.
Many communities fight transport of crude oil through their towns; some find legal footing to succeed.
- Steve Snyder on Making a monument from scratch
- Deb Dedon on Rains bring incomplete drought relief to parts of Southwest
- Deb Dedon on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Bette Korber on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- Garrett Allen on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking