When Idaho salmon advocates challenged the state’s farm-irrigation system, Norm Semanko held them off by taking a couple of wilderness deals hostage
West Texans are concerned about a planned water deal that would raise money for the state’s schools, but impact scarce groundwater, springs and wildlife as far away as Big Bend National Park
Outgoing California Gov. Gray Davis signs two bills into law to protect drinking water from perchlorate contamination
Dave Rosgen has become a popular and influential guru in the field of river restoration and management, but some say his teaching oversimplifies a complex subject
A landmark California water deal has Imperial Valley irrigators finally agreeing to sell Colorado River water to San Diego, without sacrificing the Salton Sea
The Citizen’s Guide to Colorado Water Law by the nonprofit Colorado Foundation for Water Education gives a clear and simple overview of water in the state
The Interior Department is considering restarting the Yuma Desalting Plant, and environmentalists fear the plant’s salty runoff could destroy Mexico’s Cienega de Santa Clara – the Sonoran Desert’s largest wetland
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day