Irrigation shutoffs in the river's upper basin may finally help move a historic water deal on the Oregon-California border.
Latino farmworker communities in California's Central Valley suffer from polluted drinking water -- and High Country News can't ignore it.
A review of Ground/Water: The Art, Design and Science of a Dry River, edited by Ellen McMahon, Ander Monson and Beth Weinstein
The state water board gives the go-ahead to a groundwater pumping project that could harm the San Pedro River
Generous spring snow storms were a momentary, if welcome, distraction from the region's real weather story: drought.
- Harry Greene on The Pleistocene and the present don’t compute
- Michael/Teresa Newberry on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Penelope Blair on Rains bring incomplete drought relief to parts of Southwest
- W. Fred Sanders on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline