Republicans say new rule would give the federal government too much authority over waterways and wetlands.
The controversial Clean Water Act rule protects tributaries with any sign of water, no matter the flow.
Questions remain over whether the bill prohibits certain data collection on federal land or just private and state.
Environmentalists saved a wetland from developers a decade ago. Now they’re trying to save it from each other.
- Patrick Kelly on Coastal urbanization could boost biodiversity
- Mark York on Getting over the ‘taboo’ in a gun-rights conversation
- Bob Macgregor on The fading grandeur of the Glen Canyon Dam
- Bob Macgregor on A tax on carbon pollution faces surprising opposition
- Sara Walsh on Getting over the ‘taboo’ in a gun-rights conversation