In much of California, Arizona and New Mexico El Niño and La Niña have combined to create dry fuels, ready to burn.
A Southern Nevada Water Authority transfer is intended to get water to Las Vegas but could dry up his business.
California, Arizona and Nevada are back in negotiations about the dwindling Colorado River water supply.
It’s too soon to stop water conservation efforts. News of the drought’s end are greatly exaggerated.
It has dwindled faster than experts have seen in nearly four decades, which could upset reservoir management.
Conservation, wilderness and water provisions long in the works were added to the massive energy bill.
Ocean acidification, driven by global fossil fuel emissions, is being exacerbated by local pollution.
The project could divert 86,000 acre-feet from Lake Powell to the retirement community of St. George.
- Paul V. Battaglia on Christina Benton: Nomadic mama with a mission
- Harvey H Reading on Latest: Elk, not bison, are spreading disease near Yellowstone
- Charles Allen on On the road with a transient immigrant rights lawyer
- Ed Morrow on After years of drought and overuse, the San Luis Valley aquifer refills
- Jake Sigg on Mapping the large-scale loss of natural areas in the West