A Southern Nevada Water Authority transfer is intended to get water to Las Vegas but could dry up his business.
California, Arizona and Nevada are back in negotiations about the dwindling Colorado River water supply.
It’s too soon to stop water conservation efforts. News of the drought’s end are greatly exaggerated.
It has dwindled faster than experts have seen in nearly four decades, which could upset reservoir management.
Conservation, wilderness and water provisions long in the works were added to the massive energy bill.
Ocean acidification, driven by global fossil fuel emissions, is being exacerbated by local pollution.
The project could divert 86,000 acre-feet from Lake Powell to the retirement community of St. George.
Borrego Springs, California, was founded on the promise of endless water. Now they must conserve — or else.
- Robert Hooper on As Lake Mead sinks, states agree to more drastic water cuts
- Mark Rozman on As Lake Mead sinks, states agree to more drastic water cuts
- Nicholas Sund on A millennial mayor and his timber town
- Don Bertolette on No, national parks are not America’s ‘best idea’
- David Orr on No, national parks are not America’s ‘best idea’