The Interior Department is considering restarting the Yuma Desalting Plant, and environmentalists fear the plant’s salty runoff could destroy Mexico’s Cienega de Santa Clara – the Sonoran Desert’s largest wetland
Nevada’s dirt-poor Lincoln County is rich in water, but conservationists have reservations about Vidler Water Company’s plans to market it, and the city of Las Vegas has its own needs– and plans – for that water
InThe Glen Canyon Reader, editor Matthew Barrett Gross collects 200 years’ worth of musings about "the place no one knew" and the dam that buried it under Lake Powell
In Red Delta: Fighting for Life at the End of the Colorado River, writer and photographer Charles Bergman looks at what happens to the Colorado River once it flows into Mexico
In the Northwest, a legal decision resurrects the idea of breaching four dams on the Snake River to save endangered salmon
Iraq has a chance to restore its fabled Mesapotamia Marshes, just as America could revive its own Colorado River Delta
- Joan E. Miller on An ardent defender of North Dakota's badlands wonders if it's time to leave
- Warren Anderson on An ardent defender of North Dakota's badlands wonders if it's time to leave
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?