Review of “Only the Essential: A Hike from Mexico to Canada on the Pacific Crest Trail” by Colin Arisman.
What the right livestock dogs can mean for the maintenance of large predators, like the wolf, on the landscape.
Photographer Jeremy Lurgio unexpectedly finds that life carries on in Cartersville, a small Montana town whose name was struck from official state highway maps in 2000.
Reporter Nicholas Kusnetz rides along with Mike Reynolds, who left his logging business in Washington State to work trucking water to the Bakken's oil fields.
Emilene Ostlind and Joe Riis tracked the western Wyoming pronghorn migration for two years. But it wasn't until their final spring that they truly experienced it.
The self-trained entomologist discusses readers' questions on insects, and some of his favorite worldwide insect finds.
- Josh Zaffos on Renewable energy on tribal lands stalls out
- MIKE CHIROPOLOS on Renewable energy on tribal lands stalls out
- Dana Lang on The real Washington vampire story
- Dana Lang on The Quileute Reservation copes with tourists brought by "Twilight"
- William Mullane on How right-wing emigrants conquered North Idaho