Juan Palma discusses states' rights, landscape-scale planning and how personal history affects public decisions.
Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski and a majority of her colleagues signal support for the pro-transfer movement.
Blazes in California and Utah have officials on alert, but what they spell for the coming season is unclear.
In southern Utah’s Escalante watershed, a river restoration group tries to cut through old cultural barriers.
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle
- Bette Korber on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- Garrett Allen on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Robb Cadwell on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Amy & Chris Gulick on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Richard H Ernst on The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands