Demand for housing, recreation and energy development means military bases could lose essential buffer land.
Sen. John McCain's proposal would give Border Patrol more immediate access to sensitive borderlands.
- G M Ferguson on What's the matter with New Mexico
- Wade Nelson on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Frank matyus on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas