Obama mothballed the nuclear waste storage project. Now some Republicans seem determined to bring it back out.
Demand for housing, recreation and energy development means military bases could lose essential buffer land.
Sen. John McCain's proposal would give Border Patrol more immediate access to sensitive borderlands.
- Lowell Jones on Pot growers put huge energy demand on the grid
- Denise Fort on Why are Western attorneys general going rogue?
- Mike Sennett on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators
- Pat Munday on The Greatest Generation at its worst
- Charles Fox on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators