Some critics say a proposed geothermal power plant threatens the newly designated Black Rock Desert-High Rock Canyon Emigrant Trails National Conservation Area in northwestern Nevada.
The largest wind farm in the world is being constructed on the Oregon-Washington border near Walla Walla, Washington.
Electricity providers in Arizona will have to increase the amount of renewable energy resources that they use.
Colorado citizens voted last November to increase their state’s reliance on power from the wind and sun, but King Coal still rules the state, and the White House seems determined to keep it on the throne
The Emerald People's Utility District near Eugene, Ore., plans to provide "green power" to its customers, encouraging energy production that doesn't harm air quality or salmon.
Residents of a Steamboat Springs, Colo., neighborhood that is powered by solar and propane energy, are upset with CEO Jim Mann's plans to power the 21,000 sq.-ft. house he wants to build there with electricity from the grid.
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day