The Emerald People's Utility District near Eugene, Ore., plans to provide "green power" to its customers, encouraging energy production that doesn't harm air quality or salmon.
Residents of a Steamboat Springs, Colo., neighborhood that is powered by solar and propane energy, are upset with CEO Jim Mann's plans to power the 21,000 sq.-ft. house he wants to build there with electricity from the grid.
A report by the U.S. Geological Survey, "Tapping the Earth's Natural Heat," discusses geothermal power and its possible impacts on the environment.
The first annual Sun Sprint of the Rockies Solar and Electric car race will run from Aspen, Colo., to Moab, Utah.
A planned Kenetech wind turbine site in Wyoming may endanger the raptors that hunt and migrate in the area.
- Wendy Beye on Another Yellowstone River oil spill
- Harvey H Reading on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep
- irene gilbert on Critical mule deer research relies on fundraising
- Micaela Fischer on The Unusual Occupation at Utah’s Book Cliffs
- Larry Bullock on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep