Legislative barriers to more widespread community solar remain, although some states are taking action.
Advocates hope the timber-rich state’s decision to ditch coal could help revive the struggling industry.
Months of bickering results in $1.1 trillion package to fund most of what the federal government does.
The Desert Renewable Energy Conservation Plan is intended to guide energy development, while protecting wildlife and recreation.
Despite the Keystone rejection, keep-it-in-the-ground activism is still a sideshow to the larger climate movement.
- Mike Sennett on Go ahead, control my guns
- Barbara Ullian on How to love a weird and perfect wilderness
- John Wahoff on It’s not the Wild West anymore. Look before you shoot.
- Tom Kinnane on Missing science, disagreement surrounds fracking report
- Gerald Burton on Back to civics class: 10 things to know about Standing Rock