Months of bickering results in $1.1 trillion package to fund most of what the federal government does.
The Desert Renewable Energy Conservation Plan is intended to guide energy development, while protecting wildlife and recreation.
Despite the Keystone rejection, keep-it-in-the-ground activism is still a sideshow to the larger climate movement.
State attorney general may challenge the emissions limit, though a top state environment official supports it.
- Mark Bailey on Sometimes, the West must be protected from itself
- Spencer Kluesner on Latest: The BLM to study surgical sterilization of wild horses
- Mark Rozman on Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence
- Kent Matowitz on Sometimes, the West must be protected from itself
- Katherine Fiveash on Ranch Diaries: How to have a clear head and rested heart