Legislative barriers to more widespread community solar remain, although some states are taking action.
Advocates hope the timber-rich state’s decision to ditch coal could help revive the struggling industry.
Months of bickering results in $1.1 trillion package to fund most of what the federal government does.
The Desert Renewable Energy Conservation Plan is intended to guide energy development, while protecting wildlife and recreation.
Despite the Keystone rejection, keep-it-in-the-ground activism is still a sideshow to the larger climate movement.
- Jim Bolen on Land transfer battles rage on, county by county
- Jim Bolen on We should be proud of delisting grizzlies
- Mike Carnall on How Utah coal interests helped push a secret plan to export coal from California
- John F Mijer on There’s no Brexit from our climate problems
- Thomas Arvensis on There’s no Brexit from our climate problems