A June voluntary climbing ban at Devils Tower may ease conflicts between rock climbers and Native Americans who use the site for religious ceremonies.
Fund-raising and free speech regulations in the national parks affect both secular and religious groups.
Proselytizing and fund-raising religious groups, as well as Park Service Director Roger Kennedy's occasional religious remarks, create controversy in national parks.
Utah Rep. James Hansen continues to push a bill recommending parks for closure by tacking it onto voter legislation.
The owners of the Mantle Ranch in Colorado's Moffat County are threatening to begin massive development of their two inholdings inside Dinosaur National Monument.
A lawsuit claims the Forest Service has been lax in obeying a judge's order to remove outfitter structures from Idaho's Frank Church/River of No Return Wilderness.
An upcoming trial will decide whether the Park Service was responsible for the deaths of two men in Kolob Canyon July 15, 1993.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation