Recklessness and speed killed nine snowmobilers last winter in Wyoming near Yellowstone and Grand Teton national parks.
Despite overwhelming public opposition, Jackson Hole airport officials want to expand the runway of the only airport inside a national park, in Grand Teton National Park.
The National Park Service considers raising park entrance fees that in many cases have remained almost unchanged since the parks were created.
The controversial expansion of the Santa Fe Ski Area into a mountain basin called the Tesuque hits a legal snag when regional forester Charles Cartwright orders the original approval ruling to be reconsidered.
Record numbers of winter visitors to Yellowstone create controversy about how to manage visitor- and snowmobile-caused problems.
Yellowstone National Park Supervisor Michael V. Finley stirs controversy and conflict as he fights to save America's oldest national park.
The Park Service sues Garfield County, Utah, after a road crew repairing the Burr Trail bulldozes a hillside inside the boundaries at Capitol Reef National Park.
Winter tourists on snowmobiles are giving Yellowstone National Park the worst air pollution in the country.
- Alan Stevens on Private property blocks access to public lands
- Linda VanFossan on California has one year of water left: Hype or reality?
- Joseph Yannuzzi on Sportsmen’s bill aims to open inaccessible public lands
- Robert Gates on Lessons from boom and bust in New Mexico
- colt por on Is there a way through the West's bitter wild horse wars?