The film "Fire on the Mountain" traces the history of WWII's famous 10th Mountain Division, veterans of which founded ski resorts and became prominent environmentalists and outdoor educators.
Environmentalists claim the Snowbasin Ski Resort is using the Salt Lake City upcoming Olympics as an excuse for a landgrab of Forest Service acreage.
A June voluntary climbing ban at Devils Tower may ease conflicts between rock climbers and Native Americans who use the site for religious ceremonies.
Fund-raising and free speech regulations in the national parks affect both secular and religious groups.
Proselytizing and fund-raising religious groups, as well as Park Service Director Roger Kennedy's occasional religious remarks, create controversy in national parks.
Utah Rep. James Hansen continues to push a bill recommending parks for closure by tacking it onto voter legislation.
The owners of the Mantle Ranch in Colorado's Moffat County are threatening to begin massive development of their two inholdings inside Dinosaur National Monument.
A lawsuit claims the Forest Service has been lax in obeying a judge's order to remove outfitter structures from Idaho's Frank Church/River of No Return Wilderness.
- Wendy Beye on Another Yellowstone River oil spill
- Harvey H Reading on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep
- irene gilbert on Critical mule deer research relies on fundraising
- Micaela Fischer on The Unusual Occupation at Utah’s Book Cliffs
- Larry Bullock on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep