Environmentalists claim the Snowbasin Ski Resort is using the Salt Lake City upcoming Olympics as an excuse for a landgrab of Forest Service acreage.
A June voluntary climbing ban at Devils Tower may ease conflicts between rock climbers and Native Americans who use the site for religious ceremonies.
Fund-raising and free speech regulations in the national parks affect both secular and religious groups.
Proselytizing and fund-raising religious groups, as well as Park Service Director Roger Kennedy's occasional religious remarks, create controversy in national parks.
Utah Rep. James Hansen continues to push a bill recommending parks for closure by tacking it onto voter legislation.
The owners of the Mantle Ranch in Colorado's Moffat County are threatening to begin massive development of their two inholdings inside Dinosaur National Monument.
A lawsuit claims the Forest Service has been lax in obeying a judge's order to remove outfitter structures from Idaho's Frank Church/River of No Return Wilderness.
- Rachelle Huddleston-Lorton on What I learned from 30 years with the Forest Service
- David Nix on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mark Bailey on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mark Bailey on What I learned from 30 years with the Forest Service
- Tom McCarty on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area