The National Park Service considers raising park entrance fees that in many cases have remained almost unchanged since the parks were created.
Despite overwhelming public opposition, Jackson Hole airport officials want to expand the runway of the only airport inside a national park, in Grand Teton National Park.
The controversial expansion of the Santa Fe Ski Area into a mountain basin called the Tesuque hits a legal snag when regional forester Charles Cartwright orders the original approval ruling to be reconsidered.
Record numbers of winter visitors to Yellowstone create controversy about how to manage visitor- and snowmobile-caused problems.
Yellowstone National Park Supervisor Michael V. Finley stirs controversy and conflict as he fights to save America's oldest national park.
The Park Service sues Garfield County, Utah, after a road crew repairing the Burr Trail bulldozes a hillside inside the boundaries at Capitol Reef National Park.
Winter tourists on snowmobiles are giving Yellowstone National Park the worst air pollution in the country.
Local Native Americans, Hispanics and Anglos share outrage at the Forest Service's approval of the Santa Fe Ski Area's Big Tesuque expansion.
- Traci Amborn on Fracking is the big new gun
- Deb Dedon on Should the president of the Navajo Nation speak Navajo?
- Deb O'Neill on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Bill Williams on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Nathan Johnson on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation