Some Wyoming residents object to Superintendent Deborah Liggett's talk of renaming Devils Tower to something less offensive to Native Americans who regard the site as sacred.
Yellowstone Park Superintendent Mike Finley's closure of campgrounds and museums because of budget problems leads to irate responses from Wyoming politicians.
The Clinton administration's attempt to increase flight-free zones in Grand Canyon upsets air-tour operators and conservationists who say the new rules aren't tough enough.
An out-of-court settlement with public agencies will give more than $2 million to survivors of an outing in Utah's Kolob Canyon that killed two Explorer Scout leaders.
The installation of cellular transmitters in Yellowstone National Park means hikers can now use cellular phones on the trails.
The survey "American Views on National Park Issues" shows that parks are very important to citizens.
More than 60 state parks in Oregon face closing - and possible selling off to developers - as victims of budget crisis.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation