The Telluride Ski and Golf Company is allowed to double the size of its skiing area, but must pay a fine and restore 19 acres to wetlands near the resort.
The Forest Service bans jetboats from Hells Canyon for 21 days each summer on a 21-mile stretch of the Snake River.
Oregon Caves National Monument says the surrounding Siskiyou National Forest is injuring the caves by logging, mining and grazing.
One-third of Grand Canyon air-tour operators are breaking the law by not reporting flights or paying required fees.
The author says the Escalante belongs as much to the rest of the world as to Utah, and provides a kind of energy that has nothing to do with coal.
The Crested Butte Ski Resort in Colorado drops its plans to build new ski runs on a neighboring mountain.
A plan to build a visitor's center for Utah's Grand Gulch worries some, who fear more people - including pothunters - will be encouraged to visit the area.
A new management proposal for Montana's Glacier National Park, designed to control visitor overcrowding, meets opposition from the local tourism industry and others.
Prolific New Zealand mudsnails are invading Yellowstone Park's Madison River, where scientists worry they will disrupt the food chain.
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?