Environmentalists object to a Forest Service plan to build a new snowmobile bridge across Cougar Creek near the edge of Yellowstone National Park.
A draft plan for Glacier National Park would ban jet skis and air tours while protecting historic lodges and improving roads and visitor services.
Critics blast Yellowstone's draft management plan for bison, which would quarantine, vaccinate and reduce the size of the herd to deal with the threat of brucellosis.
Critics object to Park Service plans to spend user fees on a fancy new welcome center in Grand Teton National Park, rather than on improving existing facilities.
Growing Tucson suburbs invade land on the edgoe of Arizona's Saguaro National Park West, when federal funds for a promised buyout of the land fail to materialize.
Lolo National Forest wants to ban snowmobiles on 140,000 roadless acres of the Bitterroot Crest on the Idaho-Montana border.
There is a continuing controversy about who first climbed Wyoming's Grand Teton - Nathaniel Langford in 1872, or a group of climbers in 1898.
- Joan E. Miller on An ardent defender of North Dakota's badlands wonders if it's time to leave
- Warren Anderson on An ardent defender of North Dakota's badlands wonders if it's time to leave
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?