The Earth Liberation Front claims responsibility for fires that damaged ski facilities at Vail, Colo., and though many in the community have rallied support, others blame Vail for its ruthless development and planned expansion into possible lynx habitat.
The deadline for public comments on a plan to manage Yellowstone's wandering bison has been extended to Nov. 2.
In Wyoming, Grand Teton National Park officials and environmentalists are battling airline representatives who want to expand the runway at the Jackson Hole Airport, which is located inside the park.
Some say the "Vision 20/20 National Parks Restoration Act" would only continue the "sweetheart contracting practices" that allow concessionaires to profit without returning much money to the parks.
Environmentalists object to a Forest Service plan to build a new snowmobile bridge across Cougar Creek near the edge of Yellowstone National Park.
A draft plan for Glacier National Park would ban jet skis and air tours while protecting historic lodges and improving roads and visitor services.
Growing Tucson suburbs invade land on the edgoe of Arizona's Saguaro National Park West, when federal funds for a promised buyout of the land fail to materialize.
Critics blast Yellowstone's draft management plan for bison, which would quarantine, vaccinate and reduce the size of the herd to deal with the threat of brucellosis.
- Deb Dedon on Should the president of the Navajo Nation speak Navajo?
- Deb O'Neill on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Bill Williams on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Nathan Johnson on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Jim Scarborough on For climate activists, a bright spot in a dismal election