From the Animas to Washington wildfire, here are the stories that our readers spent most time on in 2015.
Do young recreationalists who like things faster and steeper care about the land the way their forebears did?
The Desert Renewable Energy Conservation Plan is intended to guide energy development, while protecting wildlife and recreation.
New regulations help wildlife on federal lands. But they’re still no match for state predator control.
- Millie Carson on Trump’s Cabinet choices reflect deep Koch influence
- Shelley Ellis on How many Westerners does the Affordable Care Act cover?
- Jan Hearthstone on California’s recent rains won’t fix its other, very big problem
- Tiffy Squid on Why we need condors in eastern Oregon
- Mark Rozman on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists