Summer is always high season for fatal outdoor accidents, but increased lightning and heat seem to make it worse.
A battle over illegal bike trails in Sedona raises tough questions about soaring recreation use on public lands.
Documenting recreation on Instagram, Strava and YouTube is changing the way we experience the outdoors.
Review of "So, How Long Have You Been Native? Life as an Alaska Native Tour Guide" by Alexis C. Bunten.
- LaOnda Clark on Photos: A protest over imprisoned ranchers becomes an occupation of a wildlife refuge
- Daniel Greenstadt on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Eric Haggstrom on Balancing the pulls of domesticity and wilderness
- Toby Thaler on Nuclear power divides California’s environmentalists
- Jim Bolen on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness