From the Animas to Washington wildfire, here are the stories that our readers spent most time on in 2015.
Do young recreationalists who like things faster and steeper care about the land the way their forebears did?
The Desert Renewable Energy Conservation Plan is intended to guide energy development, while protecting wildlife and recreation.
New regulations help wildlife on federal lands. But they’re still no match for state predator control.
- Mark Bailey on Sometimes, the West must be protected from itself
- Spencer Kluesner on Latest: The BLM to study surgical sterilization of wild horses
- Mark Rozman on Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence
- Kent Matowitz on Sometimes, the West must be protected from itself
- Katherine Fiveash on Ranch Diaries: How to have a clear head and rested heart