A new film follows African American seniors in Yosemite, raising awareness of national parks among people of color
The Idaho Panhandle National Forest is in retreat over its longstanding support for the Mallard-Larkin Wilderness
Some backcountry skiers are triggering avalanches without regard for those who might be skiing below them.
When did human beings become slaves to their dogs, required to take them everywhere, even cross-country skiing?
The retired Park Service superintendent stands by her controversial decision not to allow a major bike race in the monument, and continues to be passionate about preserving landscapes.
A close encounter with a deer head on the wall of an inn leads to musings on death, immortality, ancient Egypt, Lenin and Trigger the Wonder Horse.
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?