A new film follows African American seniors in Yosemite, raising awareness of national parks among people of color
The Idaho Panhandle National Forest is in retreat over its longstanding support for the Mallard-Larkin Wilderness
Some backcountry skiers are triggering avalanches without regard for those who might be skiing below them.
When did human beings become slaves to their dogs, required to take them everywhere, even cross-country skiing?
The retired Park Service superintendent stands by her controversial decision not to allow a major bike race in the monument, and continues to be passionate about preserving landscapes.
A close encounter with a deer head on the wall of an inn leads to musings on death, immortality, ancient Egypt, Lenin and Trigger the Wonder Horse.
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- guy zoellner on A young mule stringer helps keep a dying profession alive