Precipitation in recent months chips away at California drought, but the water deficit will be hard to overcome.
From the Animas to Washington wildfire, here are the stories that our readers spent most time on in 2015.
Do young recreationalists who like things faster and steeper care about the land the way their forebears did?
The Desert Renewable Energy Conservation Plan is intended to guide energy development, while protecting wildlife and recreation.
New regulations help wildlife on federal lands. But they’re still no match for state predator control.
- Grand Canyon superintendent retires after harassment investigation
- Who’s cutting illegal ski trails in the Santa Fe National Forest?
- Note to politicians: Don’t mess with fishing access in Montana
- Mapping the large-scale loss of natural areas in the West
- West Coast cities sue Monsanto to pay for chemical cleanup
- Frank Kinder on My low-impact life
- Sari Sommarstrom on Will the feds change course on Columbia River management?
- Mark Rozman on As delisting looms, grizzly advocates prepare for a final face-off
- Michael Weeks on Who’s cutting illegal ski trails in the Santa Fe National Forest?
- John Q. Citizen on Will the feds change course on Columbia River management?