Author, hunter and foodie Steven Rinella probes the question, when is it hunting right, and when is it wrong?
Sportsmen are growing fed up with a system that lets private organizations pocket millions off the state's wildlife
A court decision knocked down “amenity” fees at national forests, but the USFS still tries to charge
In which an HCN editor wanders the gigantic gear show -- and finds out the latest about the industry's conservation strategy
After its original trail group dissolved in January, in July the new Continental Divide Trail Coalition formed. They'll coordinate protection and maintenance of the long-distance hiking route through five Western states.
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day