Members of Earth Liberation Front set fire to a ski lodge in 1998 for the plight of the Canada lynx.
In the Rocky Mountain West, more than 4 million acres of federal public land are rendered off-limits because there's no way for the public to access them.
- Andy Grosland on It's been a deadly winter for backcountry fun
- Karl Anderson on Can we make sense of the Malheur mess?
- Laurel Larsen-Stokes on Can we make sense of the Malheur mess?
- Jim Scarborough on Analyst: FBI let Malheur militants save face to end occupation
- Andy Grosland on A new and more dangerous Sagebrush Rebellion