New regulations help wildlife on federal lands. But they’re still no match for state predator control.
Summer is always high season for fatal outdoor accidents, but increased lightning and heat seem to make it worse.
A battle over illegal bike trails in Sedona raises tough questions about soaring recreation use on public lands.
- John H Marble on The view from the top of the food chain
- Charles Fox on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators
- Kate Schimel on What will become of the backcountry in Utah’s Wasatch?
- Doug Pineo on Ducks Unlimited fires writer over stream access fracas
- Stephen/Kathlee Martinek on The life of a once-lost dog