From the Animas to Washington wildfire, here are the stories that our readers spent most time on in 2015.
Do young recreationalists who like things faster and steeper care about the land the way their forebears did?
The Desert Renewable Energy Conservation Plan is intended to guide energy development, while protecting wildlife and recreation.
New regulations help wildlife on federal lands. But they’re still no match for state predator control.
- Richard Reinaker on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Steve Snyder on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Robert Waddell on Oath Keepers show up for a public lands dispute in Oregon
- jim bolen on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Warren Anderson on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked