While consensus supporting a designation grew, many Utah politicians argued that the president’s action is an abuse of power.
Bears Ears isn’t the only local effort to get Obama to designate protections before he leaves office.
- Shelley Ellis on How many Westerners does the Affordable Care Act cover?
- Jan Hearthstone on California’s recent rains won’t fix its other, very big problem
- Tiffy Squid on Why we need condors in eastern Oregon
- Mark Rozman on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists
- Richard Clough on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists