From the Animas to Washington wildfire, here are the stories that our readers spent most time on in 2015.
Do young recreationalists who like things faster and steeper care about the land the way their forebears did?
The Desert Renewable Energy Conservation Plan is intended to guide energy development, while protecting wildlife and recreation.
New regulations help wildlife on federal lands. But they’re still no match for state predator control.
- Regina Johnson on Rep. Rob Bishop is chipping away at Theodore Roosevelt's legacy
- Andy Grosland on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Andy Grosland on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here's what I'd like to say to them.
- Melissa McDowell on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here's what I'd like to say to them.
- Richard Reinaker on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution