Soil at hundreds of properties contains lead and arsenic that can lower children’s IQs and increase cancer risk.
A look at which stoves and furnaces emit the most particles damaging to your health, plus which states burn the most wood.
Federal and state investigations have found lax safety practices at oil refineries going back a decade.
A court settlement will make it harder for companies to hide chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing.
When a worker died on the job, the company paid a $6,700 penalty, inciting new discussion on the issue.
Portland’s fluoridation battle shows how tricky it is to integrate science into debates that have as much to do with values as policy.
- Lowell Jones on Pot growers put huge energy demand on the grid
- Denise Fort on Why are Western attorneys general going rogue?
- Mike Sennett on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators
- Pat Munday on The Greatest Generation at its worst
- Charles Fox on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators