A new movement aims to provide an alternative for people experiencing mental health crises in Colorado.
Despite a new environmental justice action plan, the EPA has a poor record of protecting communities of color from toxic environments.
Lead poisoning in children is underreported nationwide, and the West’s lack of data is particularly glaring.
As the climate warms, mosquitoes thrive, and communities try to figure out how to prevent disease outbreak.
In the Central Valley, oil and agriculture both support and harm communities, making air pollution a complex problem.
Regulators don’t link industry to contamination — but testing shows the pollution came after drilling.
Infant mortality among Wyoming’s Native population is more than double that of the state's white population.
- Rod Farlee on Study finds surprising source of Colorado River water supply
- Joe Cosentino on New measures could reduce Glen Canyon Dam’s impact on the Grand Canyon — a bit
- Mark Bailey on Sometimes, the West must be protected from itself
- Spencer Kluesner on Latest: The BLM to study surgical sterilization of wild horses
- Mark Rozman on Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence